Happy Monday, Knovelists. Hope you had a great time celebrating the birth of America–now let’s see what’s new and weird in the world of science. Here’s Last Week’s 5 Strangest Links:
5. “Two Real Discoveries that Bring Spider Powers to Our Universe.” Because we all know you saw the latest Spiderman flick.
4. News on an Arsenic-Friendly Microbe. And we had such high hopes for this discovery. . .
3. Impossible Binary Systems Discovered! Pretty far out.
2. Graphene Makes Salt Water Drinkable. An amazing feat. Graphene, you are awesome.
1. Vast Black Hole Turns Directly Toward Earth. A stream of solar wind, and even geomagnetic storms and auroras, may be coming our way.
(above) Our #1 Story on Space: What’s Going Down up There? (Image from Spaceweather.com)